Well, summer’s here, and the time is right for fighting in the street boy. The question is posed as to what a poor boy can do. I postulate that instead of fighting he could make some decent spareribs with naught more than an oven and 4-24 hours. Remember, always read the entire recipe before starting and come up with a plan of attack.
What you’ll need:
- Baking dish
- Pork Spareribs
- Enough Dr. Pepper to cover them (2 Liters should be good)
- 1C. Water
- 1/4 C. Salt
- 1/2 C. & 1 t. Chili powder (May need more depending on the amount of spareribs.)
- 1 T. Oil (Vegetable, Canola, Peanut, etc.)
- 1/2 C. Sweet Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 5 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1/2 C. Ketchup
- 1/4 C. Molasses
- 2 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 T. Apple Cider Vinegar
To start out put your spareribs in the baking dish you have. Then add the salt and pour Dr. Pepper in until you’ve covered the ribs. Don’t worry about being to precise about covering them because it is likely that they will float. Just ensure that the Dr. Pepper is at a level higher than they were before you started pouring and that you have at least 1/2 C. left for the sauce. Then, cover, and place in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours. I would suggest overnight though.