Sourdough is criminally easy and when you break down the cost it’s too cheap not to make yourself. For me, using the best materials, each loaf with time and money factored in costs around $1.27.
You’ll need a sourdough starter to make this recipe and if you don’t have one you can use my method to easily make your own!
Here’s what you’ll need-
This is a dish that my family has been making for a while as the breakfast for christmas morning. It’s an easy enough dish to do when you need it or, as I like, to do the night before then bake the next morning. Whichever you prefer I promise you that this is dish which will make everyone happy. It serves 8-10 and is hearty enough that you shouldn’t need more than a cup of coffee to rip through the gifts under the tree after.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- One large rectangular casserole dish (8″x12″ish)
- 2lbs of hash browns (thawed) or potatoes (grated)
- (1) 10.5oz can of cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 C. [1 stick] of Butter (melted)
- 2 C. of sour cream
- 2 C. of Ham (cubed)
- 1/2 t. of Black Pepper (crushed)
- 1/2 C. of green onion (chopped)
- 1.5 C. of cheddar cheese (grated)
- 2 C. of ‘corn flake’ cereal (crushed)