Today you’ll get two recipes that make an amazing meal and will leave some good leftovers for those of you in the meal-prep crowd.
We’re going to make my recipe for Spanish rice first then add some ingredients and make stuffed peppers.
So here’s what you’ll need in two parts:
- Spanish Rice
- 1 1/2 C. Rice (Uncooked, White)
- 2 C. Chicken Broth
- 3 T. of Olive Oil
- 1/2 C. Onion (Chopped)
- 1/2 C. Yellow Pepper (Chopped)
- 1/2 C. Cactus (Chopped) [It looks like this in the store]
- 1/2 C. Tomatos (Chopped, in sauce, you can use salsa as a proxy)
This recipe is pretty easy but it makes a delightfully balanced dish that pairs well with greens and ham. Serves about six and takes about an hour.
Preferably you will make this dish in a 2 qt. dutch oven but you can do it in a 7″x11″ baking dish.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 C. uncooked macaroni noodles
- 1 1/4 C. Milk
- 1/2 C. Butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Yellow onion (medium, chopped, about 1/2 C.)
- 4 oz. Fontina (shredded)
- 4 oz. Medium Cheddar (shredded)
- 2 T. Green Onion (chopped)
- 2 T. Parsley (chopped)
- 1 T. Salt
- 1 T. Flour
- 1 t. Paprika
- 1 t. Chives (chopped)
- 1/2 t. Fresh ground pepper